Photosynthesis Web Quest
Follow the different websites to gain insight on the process of photosynthesis!
Website 1: http://sambal.co.uk/?page_id=218
1. What is a producer? Why are plants called producers?
2. What is the definition of photosynthesis?
3. Where does the carbon for photosynthesis come from?
4. What do plants do with extra glucose?
5. What does photosynthesis require?
6. What does photosynthesis produce?
Website 2: http://www.emc.maricopa.edu/faculty/farabee/BIOBK/BioBookPS.html
7. What is the equation for photosynthesis?
8. What does that mean?
9. How does the plant get the necessary reactants (molecules) to make sugar? Hint there should be two different places listed!
Website 3: http://www.ftexploring.com/photosyn/chloroplast.html
10. Where in a plant does photosynthesis happen?
11. Specifically in which organelle does photosynthesis happen?
12. What is a granum?
13. What is a thylakoid?
14. Where are the granum and thylakoids found?
Now Click on “INTRO TO PHOTOSYNTHESIS” at the top left of the page.
15. What are the two very important things that we get out of photosynthesis? Now think…why are those SO important?
16. How does the Earth get all of its energy?
17. What is the difference between an autotroph and a heterotroph? If you can’t figure it out, click on the word autotroph!
18. Why are the people at the bottom of the page hugging a tree?
Website 4: http://www.esf.edu/pubprog/brochure/leaves/leaves.htm
19. Why do leaves change color?
20. What does this say about their ability to carry out photosynthesis?