Return to Headlines
Welcome to William T. Hoag
The W.T. Hoag Educational Center continues to be at full capacity for another school year. The building will continue to house the following programs this year:
- Universal Pre-Kindergarten offered through the Southtowns YMCA program continues to teach the necessary academic, social and emotional skills needed to ensure a successful transition to kindergarten. Last year, the YMCA expanded their educational program to include a before and after school program. The Wrap Around Program offers developmentally appropriate learning opportunities to enrich and expand the regular program offered by the YMCA.
- The Buffalo Hearing and Speech Center moved a portion of their educational program to the Hoag Educational Center. Buffalo Hearing and Speech occupies eight classrooms. The goal of the Buffalo Hearing & Speech Center is to improve the quality of life for adults, children and infants with communication disorders by delivering cutting edge diagnosis and treatment of hearing and speech impairments and related special education services.
- The Boys and Girls Club of Lake Shore is alive and thriving. The organization leases three classrooms, as well as utilizing the gymnasium and cafeteria to facilitate this outstanding after school program. The Boys & Girls Club is a not for profit organization that provides diversified activities that meet the interests of all youth.
- The Lake Shore Central School District Family Support Center office and program space is located at the W.T. Hoag Educational Center. The mission of the center continues to assist Lake Shore families, students and individuals by increasing the accessibility and acceptability of prevention and intervention services.
- The Integrated Educational Services of Erie 2-Chautauqua-Cattaraugus BOCES includes Staff Development Specialists who provide school districts with support to build local capacity to meet state and local goals for raising learning achievement for all students. School Improvement staff work collaboratively with districts to design data driven, research based staff development opportunities that will address the needs of the district.
- The District Special Education offices and meeting space are located at the W.T. Hoag Educational Center as well as the Lake Shore Community Education Program and the District Copy Center.
- Central Registrar and Technology Services are also found at the W.T. Hoag Educational Center.