The bitterly cold weather has arrived with icy wind chills and frigid temperatures. The District would like to remind parents, students and community members to bundle up for the elements - - with mittens/gloves, hat, and winter coat.
Dress appropriately for cold weather:
* Wear several layers of loose-fitting, lightweight, warm clothing. Trapped air between layers will insulate you. Remove layers to avoid sweating and subsequent chill.
* Outer garments should be tightly woven, water repellent, and hooded.
* Wear a hat because much of your body heat can be lost from your head.
* Cover your mouth to protect your lungs from extreme cold.
* Mittens, snug at the wrist, are better than gloves.