Annual Budget Vote, Vehicle Purchase Referendum & Board Election - May 18, 2021
Lake Shore Central Schools
Annual Budget Vote, Vehicle Purchase Referendum & Board Election
May 18, 2021 – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
VOTE LOCATION CHANGE: Voting will be held in the Lake Shore High School Gymnasium. Parking will be available to voters in the lower and upper parking lots located by the District Office.
VOTERS will NOT be permitted to enter the polling site if they:
- Have symptoms of COVID-19, including fever greater thn or equal to 100.0°F, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pains, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days and have not been cleared by a medical professional or the local health department to appear in public.
- Had close or proximate contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days.
All individuals at the polling site must undergo a COVID-19 health screening and will be required to wear a mask. If any voter anticipates not being able to enter the polling site, we strongly encourage you to submit an application for an absentee ballot. Applications are available on our website and in the District Clerk's Office located in the High School. The Application for Absentee Ballot must be received by the District Clerk at least 7 days before (May 1, 2021) the election if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, or the day before the election, if the ballot is to be delivered personally to the voter. Absentee Ballots must be received by the District Clerk by 5:00 p.m. on the day of the election (May 18, 2021).
Qualifications of Voters at District Meetings (Pursuant to Education Law §2012)
- A voter must be a citizen of the United States
- A voter must be eighteen (18) years of age or older
- A voter must be a legal resident within the District for a period of thirty (30) days preceding the meeting or election at which he/she offers to vote.
- A voter must not be otherwise prohibited from voting pursuant to Education Law Section 5-106.
Native Americans residing on the Seneca Nation Territory are eligible to vote in this annual vote if their children attend the Lake Shore Central Schools. The above qualifications must also be satisfied.
PLEASE NOTE: Voters should bring a valid photo ID to all District elections as they may be asked to show proof of name and/or address.