Here are some ideas you and your child can do that don't require textbooks or materials.
Basic Board Games:
Apples to Apples (Junior)
Practice Mental Math facts ( you ask facts for them to answer)
Ask your child to read signs and billboards
Telling Time (example: if it's 1:15 and it takes 45 minutes to get to the mall
what time will it be when we get there)
Family Vacation: Keep a Journal (great to have as a memory
- Practice math facts-even for a few minutes at a time, this can be done during commercials while watching Television, while getting ready for bed, or eating breakfast in the morning
- Have your child find a picture anywhere (magazine, cereal box, etc)-Have them tell you/write you a story including who, what, where, when and why. Let them stretch details in the story.
- Write down or tell them a word problem and have them decide which operation to use (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Practice spelling words with sand, shaving cream or magnet letters
- READ-anything anywhere anytime!!! Let your child build confidence by reading anything from books to websites to labels on food products.