November 2, 2020
Dear Lake Shore Student-Athletes and Families
As the end of the fall season is approaching, our office is starting to prepare for the winter season. There is still uncertainty as the Section VI and E.C.I.C offices are waiting to receive updated guidance on Winter sports from the Governor’s office. With this said, we are hopeful that Winter sports will take place starting November 30, 2020. Sports your child can sign up for are: Varsity, JV, Modified Boys or Girls Basketball, Boys Varsity Swim, Co-ed Modified Swim (7-8gr), Varsity Indoor Track (9gr-12gr), JV/V Cheerleading, Varsity Wrestling and Modified Wrestling.
New York State Education Department will not grant a physical exemption like they did for the fall sports season. They are requiring ALL Winter athletes have and updated physical on file. Physicals are good for one calendar year. You can go to your own physician to get the physical or a copy of a current physical, which can be turned in to the nurse’s office. If your child is a Middle school student and they need a physical from the school physician please contact the nurse to set up an appointment. The Middle School nurse is Scott Dragowski and the number is 926-2408.We will have the school doctor here to conduct physicals on the following days:
Tuesday, November 10th at 8 am at the Middle School
Tuesday, November 10th at 2:30pm at the High School
Thursday, November 12th at 8am at the Middle School
Thursday, November 12th at 2:30pm at the High School
The Winter Sports Sign up link is posted below.
Please have your son or daughter register for the winter sport they would like to try out for. Athletes will also have to turn in a parent permission form, which can be found on the Athletic webpage under the sign up link. This form and a current physical must be on file before November 30th in order for them to try-out. Forms can be handed in to the nurse at the Middle School or the High School. It can also be turned into the Athletic office located in the High School.
Athletic Director/Assistant Principal
If you have signed up to participate in a winter sport please make sure you have turned in the parent permission slip and have a current physical on file. You can retreive those forms from the Sport Physical Info tab on this web page. Forms can be emailed, faxed to mailed to Nancy Ells or Amy Cameron in the below information.
JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT THE EAST END OF THE HIGH SCHOOL IS CLOSED FROM 2:20 TO 2:40 FOR DISMISSAL ON TUESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY. PLEASE DROP OFF ATHLETES OR SPORT EQUIPMENT AFTER 2:40.
COVID SPECTATOR PROCEDURES
ATHLETIC DIRECTOR/ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
To student-athletes, coaches, staff, officials, administrators, parents, and patrons: As we navigate through these uncertain times during the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like you to know that the health and safety of all student-athletes, coaches, staff, officials, administrators, parents and patrons is our number one priority.
When you are in our facilities, we are asking you to adhere with the following guidelines:
- Per NYS Department of Health guidance, masks or face coverings are required for all participants, coaches, workers, officials, patrons, or anyone entering a Lake Shore Central Schools facility. Masks will be required to be worn at all times including in the athletic training rooms, practice fields and game fields. When student-athletes are active participants in their activity, they may remove their mask if they believe they cannot tolerate it, per NYSDOH.
- Per NYS Department of Health guidance, facilities will be limited to TWO spectators per athlete. All spectators must have their ECIC pass visible at all times. We ask that you continue to follow all physical distancing procedures maintaining six feet of distance between individuals. At this time, there are no spectators allowed for indoor events. Painted circles have been created at soccer fields signifying proper spectator locations.
- Lake Shore Central Schools believes sportsmanship is paramount to the development of our student-athletes, at this time, there will be no hand shaking, high fives, hugging or fist bumps between opposing teams, both before and after games. This is to reduce contact as much as possible.
- There will be no shared towels, clothing, shoes, or water bottles between participants, officials, and coaches.
- Before, during and after the contest, players, coaches, officials, team personnel and game administration officials should wash and sanitize their hands as often as possible.
- Locker rooms will not be available for visitor use, we recommend that teams and officials come dressed and ready to participate in the event. Outdoor port-a-potties will be available.
- Only necessary personnel will be allowed on the sidelines and at the scorer’s tables.
- When traveling to and from away events, all Lake Shore coaches and student-athletes will be required to wear face coverings.
- Spectators should not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to the start of the contest.
We thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns before coming to our facilities, please do not hesitate to contact our athletic department. 926-2260
Attention Parents: Fall Team photos will be taken this month. Please see the Team photo tab on the right side of this page for more details and a copy of the flyer with information on how to purchase a team photo.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS INFORMATION CAN CHANGE. WE WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE THIS SITE AS WELL AS TWEET OUT THE MOST CURRENT INFORMATION AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE.
Phone (716) 926-2313
Fax (716) 549-2372
Phone (716) 926-2260
Fax (716) 549-2372
Phone (716) 926-2266
Fax (716) 549-2372
959 Beach Road
Angola, New York 14006