A Message from Dr. Charles Galluzzo
From Me to You…
It’s a very different kind of school year, but the Lake Shore Central School District is proving itself equal to the challenge. Despite Covid-19, and whether in-person or remote, we are a professional learning community. With that in mind, within our goals for the 2020-21 school year we find the measure of our high expectations in all aspects of educating our students. The goals approved by our Board of Education are:
• The District will provide equity in educational opportunities and culturally responsive practices, including addressing the inequities of technology, that align to the Next Generation NYS Learning Standards and promote each student's academic success and well-being.
• The District will provide all students with a rigorous academic career pathway that includes opportunities for advanced coursework, college credit, Career and Technology Education, and other diploma pathways established by the New York State Education Department.
• The District will implement a PreK-12 trauma-informed approach to teaching, which includes social and emotional well-being, to ensure an educational learning environment that is safe, motivating, and fosters success for all students both in and out of the classroom.
• The District will provide a comprehensive, systematic design for high-impact literacy instruction that addresses the needs of students with varied reading abilities.
• The District will continue to adapt to the complications caused by the pandemic by reassessing and offering safety measures that exceed the standards of the Department of Health.
• The District will continue to work with parents, students, staff members, the Seneca Nation of Indians Education Department and the community to seek feedback for continual improvement of academic, social emotional learning, and extracurricular opportunities for all students. This includes but is not limited to being good listeners and stewards of the process for our stakeholders.
• The District will continue to proceed with our Capital Construction Project plans while continuing to maintain our facilities at the highest level while demonstrating fiscal responsibility and accountability in all areas of operation.
Thank you all for your commitment to these goals and our students’ educational journey.
Dr. Charles Galluzzo, Superintendent of Schools