Welcome to Speech!!
Speech and language support is a related service intended for students who have communication difficulties. In school, we do a lot of communicating! Speech and language services are to help support students both academically and socially. Speech and language goals are set on an individual basis depending on the student's needs.
What is Speech?
- Speech is how we produce the sounds in our language.
- How well are we being understood by our teachers and peers?
What is language?
- Expressive Language: How we communicate our thoughts and ideas.
- Sentence Structure
- Social and Pragmatic skills
- Receptive Language: How are we understanding what is being said to us.
- Listening Comprehension
- Following Directions/Concepts
- Answering questions