~ Swim Unit is scheduled for December 9th - January 20th
1. The swim unit will take place for approximately 5 weeks.
2. The main purpose of the unit is to drown proof students while teaching them basic swimming strokes as well as water safety.
1. Swim Suit
guys= shorts with drawstring
girls = one piece preferably, tankinis accepted. Bikinis with tank tops.
STUDENTS ARE ALLOWED TO WEAR SHORTS/TANK TOPS OVER THEIR BATHING SUITS
3. Plastic Bag - used to take home wet clothes after each class
1. Flip flops
2. Hair dryer
4. Nose plugs
5. Swim shoes
6. Swim caps
7. Showering Accessories - shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.
1. Students are expected to swim each class.
2. Students will be required to complete makeup classes for missed swim classes.
3. Make-up classes will be offered toward the end of the unit.
4. Students grade will be negatively affected for each missed swim class.
5. ALL swim excuses MUST go through the nurse prior to class.
PLEASE, do not come down to the pool without a nurse note and expect to sit out.
Swim items dropped off from home during the day will be in the main office - students are asked to check there on their own. They will not be called down to get their items.