A Message from Dr. Charles Galluzzo
From Me to You…
I hope that all of you had the opportunity to enjoy the holidays with family and friends as we prepare to get ready for 2019. I am excited to join the Lake Shore family as your new Superintendent and look forward to carrying on the proud tradition of providing a high quality education for all students cultivated by Mr. Przepasniak, teachers, staff, parents, and the community.
The district is ready to break ground on the first of four phases of the Capital Construction Project as several contracts to perform services were approved at the December 4th Board of Education Meeting. Phase One of the Capital Project includes improvements at the High School and Transportation Center. The contracts approved were:
Louis Del Prince & Sons, Inc.
Transit Construction Services Corp.
Elmer W. Davis, Inc.
MKS Plumbing Corporation
Willett Buildings, Inc.
Industrial Power & Lighting Corp.
Third-party Testing Services
Third-party asbestos project air monitoring & testing services
To see a summary of improvements included in the Capital Project please go to; https://www.lakeshorecsd.org/cms/lib/NY19001770/Centricity/Domain/601/Summary%20of%20Facilities.pdf
Our 2018-19 District Goals are:
- The District will provide equity in educational opportunities and culturally responsive practices that align to the Next Generation NYS Learning Standards and promote each student’s academic success and well-being.
- The District will implement a PreK-12 trauma-informed approach to teaching to ensure an educational learning environment that is safe, motivating, and fosters success for all students both in and out of the classroom.
- The District will provide all students with a rigorous academic career that includes opportunities for advanced coursework, college credit, Career and Technology Education, and other diploma pathways established by the New York State Education Department.
- The District will empower students to thrive as learners, collaborators and citizens in the digital age by helping them to understand the ethical and legal consequences associated with their use of social media and technology.
- The District will demonstrate fiscal responsibility and accountability in all areas of operation.
- The District will continue to proceed with the first phases of our Capital Construction Project plans approved by our School Community while continuing to maintain our facilities at the highest level.
I will be working hard to, “hit the ground learning” by meeting with students, teachers, staff, parents, and community members to hear what makes Lake Shore such a great place to learn and grow. Together, we will move forward in meeting our goals while continually looking to create a better tomorrow.
Dr. Charles Galluzzo
Monday, January 21 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - No School
Monday, January 22 through Friday, January 25 - Regents Exams REGULAR ATTENDANCE FOR ALL STUDENTS
Tuesday, February 5 - 7:00 p.m. - Board of Education Work Session - Middle School
Thursday, February 7 through Saturday, February 9 - 7:00 p.m. - Senior High Musical & Art Show
Friday, February 15 - 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Red Cross Blood Drive - Senior High Gym
Monday, February 18 through Friday, February 22 - Mid-winter Recess - No School