Lake Shore Central Schools
Board of EducationDistrict Mission Statement:
Lake Shore Central School District in partnership with our students, families andschool community will cultivate engaging, diverse, and challenging educationalopportunities and learning environments to promote life-long learning andachievement in preparation for high school graduation, college and careers.The Lake Shore Central School District Board of Education supports professional learning communities that focus on results and cultivate a culture of collaboration to improve student learning and opportunity. The District goals listed below are the measure of our high expectations in all aspects of educating our students.
2019-2020 District Goals
- The District will provide equity in educational opportunities and culturally responsive practices that align to the Next Generation NYS Learning Standards and promote each student's academic success and well-being.
- The District will provide all students with a rigorous academic career pathway that includes opportunities for advanced coursework, college credit, Career and Technology Education, and other diploma pathways established by the New York State Education Department.
- The District will implement a PreK-12 trauma-informed approach to teaching to ensure an educational learning environment that is safe, motivating, and fosters success for all students both in and out of the classroom.
- The District will provide a comprehensive, systematic design for high-impact literacy instruction that addresses the needs of students with varied reading abilities.
- The District will continue to work with parents, students, staff members, the Seneca Nation of Indians Education Department and the community to seek feedback for continual improvement of academic, social emotional learning, and extracurricular opportunities for all students.
- The District will continue to proceed with our Capital Construction Project plans while continuing to maintain our facilities at the highest level while demonstrating fiscal responsibility and accountability in all areas of operation.